FiiO X3 Player
Stock Status: 2 to 4 Weeks.
Yes, email me when this item is in stock.
The Fiio X3 digital audio player is your answer to high-res audio on a budget. Supporting up to 192 kHz/24B files in a number of formats (APE, FLAC, ALAC, WMA, WAV) - this little player packs a lot of punch for a reasonable price in the fledgling market of portable high-res players. While lacking some memory capacity and touch screen controls of some higher end competitors, the internals deliver comparable quality with the Wolfson 8740 DAC chip and AD3897 Amp chip. The Fiio also has bass and trable analog adjustments, not DSP, to arguably provide a better listening experience. Memory is limited to 64G of storage, so extra SD cards might be warranted for many music afficianados. Other nice perks include breakpoint memory (the player remembers exact track/time when turned off), auto turn-off, screen savers, adjustable vision brightness, CUE support, album cover art, lyric display, gapless playing, low/high gain, and many other features.
- Supports lossless playback for APE/FLAC/ALAC/WMA/WAV up to 192kHz/24B
- Employs Wolfson WM8740 DAC chip
- 10 hrs playback time, USB smart charging
- High current AD8397 output amplifier chip w/ output current up to 300mA
- Bass & Treble adjustments
- 60 step digital volume control
- USB 2.0 out, line out, digital coaxial out, headphone out
- Aluminum alloy enclosure and push button controls
What's In The Box:
- X3 player in gift box
- semi-transparent silicone case
- 1 mtr. high current micro USB/charging cable
- coaxial convertor cable
- 2 pieces of protective film
- 26 songs of 192kHz/24Bit songs loaded on player
- HD Tracks Promotion Codes
- Owners Manual
- Display: TFT 320 X 240
- Supported Audio: APE, FLAC, WAV, WMA, Apple Lossless, Compression: MP2, MP#, AAC, ALAC, WMA, OGG
- Sample Rate: 96kHz up to 192 kHz
- Output Level: Output Power 1: >540 mW@ 16 Ohms; Output Power 1: >270 mW@ 32 Ohms; Output Power 1: >30 mW@ 300 Ohms;
- DAC: Wolfson WM8740
- Decoding: Supports up to 24bit/192K
- Charging Interface: Micro USB Type-B
- Interface: USB 2.0; 1/8 line out, 1/8 coaxial digital output
- Dimensions: 55mmx109mmx16mm (2.1" x 4.2" x .62")
- Weight: 122 grams (4.3 oz)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware Upgrades Supported
- Frequency Response: 10Hz~20kHz (+/-0.2)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >108 dB
- Crosstalk: >75 dB @ 1kHz
- THD+N: <.005% @ 1kHz
- Output Impedance: <.3 Ohms
- Built-In Memory: 8GB (Max 64 GB)
- External Memory: 64GB
- Battery Capacity: 3,000 mA
- Battery Playback Time: up to 10 hrs
- Charge Time: 8-10 hrs
- Manufacturer's Website
Posted by Webbeh from Switzerland on 2014-01-03
Recommend Product: Yes
Pros: Robust, simple, excellent audio handling, nice battery, power, ...
Cons: ....maybe the poor silicon protection delivered with it ?
I wanted something really nice, and looked through headphone.com, and other headphones reviews. I found 2-3 models I was interested in, like the cowon x7 (which was really interesting because of the hard drive), this FiiO, and of course the unaffordable iRiver.
I had a chance to try the three of them before buying. I loved all of them, but what really made me go for the Fiio was the price, plus there was a 25% discount, because it's not selling well, because of the popularity of one well-known brand, you know.
Then I bought a 64G micro SD card. I just copied all the music I had, was it wave, flac, ... (I have only high quality audio at home). At my surprise, this little guy just played everything. And by everything, I mean, not ONE single file was not recognized, 24bit 192kHz wave, 16b flac, ...
...and that SOUND ! I mean, I tried my blackberry after having played the first 10 songs on the Fiio... And decided to wipe all the music on this. Really, this little device has everything you want. Plug in your preferred headphones and you have one of the best sounding device on the market. Plus, it's really inexpensive, compared to the iRiver for example.
I'd really recommend this device to anybody. It's just crystal clear, you won't listen to music on any lower level device anymore.
The connectivity is a REAL plus. How many devices - in that price range - have an included optical-out ? How many devices can act as an external computer DAC ?
The device comes with NO headphones at all. Which is nice, because you'll throw them away anyway. It only comes with an USB cable, and a cheap-looking silicion case, who will be thrown away by most of the buyers. No charger either, you will have to buy one separately. My recommendation is a 2 Ampere plug, it really speeds up the charging process by a LOT.
Also, don't hesitate to buy a good microSD. Class 10 are really priceworthy.
I detected NO bugs with the device. The updates are really frequent (last in date was nov. 20th, 2013). There is a seal with a code to check if your device is an original one on the website, ...
Really, I can't describe how awesome this device is.
Tl;dr : if you need a good PMP in that price range, look no further, it's the one.
12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you?