Woodees iESW100L 24K Blues
The Woodees 24K Blues in-ear headset headphones deliver on the promise of wonderful sound housed within one of the most stunning looks in the industry. 3-button controller allows full function playback/skip on your Apple iPhone, iPad or iTouch while the deep gloss black lacquer earpieces and real 24K gold accents showcase your discerning tastes.
- 3-button control & mic on cord compatible with Apple sources
- Real tonewood earpieces with glossy black laquer finish and 24k gold trim
- In-line digital mic offers excellent call clarity
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty
What's In The Box:
- 4 sizes of eartip sleeves - XS/S/M/L
- Black fabric carry-pouch for storage / travel
- Woodees owner's manual
Woodees really outdoes themselves with the 24K Blues in-ear headset for iPhone and iPad. Not only is the design and finish as stunning as we've come to expect from these glossy in-ear gurus but the sound quality performance is also outstanding and the 3-button control features for Apple players is well laid-out and wonderfully executed. Excellent sensitivity and off-axis noise rejection from the Blues digital in-line microphone makes your outgoing calls super-easy to understand. Yes folks, that's real 24K gold trim surrounding the earpieces for the ultimate intregity in styling and housing durability. Just like the finest high-end musical instruments are made of specially selected and cured woods, the Woodees 24K Blues have real tonewood earpieces that present a deep, warm sound for your music and crystal-clear midranges for true voice, speech and call dialogue intelligibility. No longer does amazing looks mean having to put up with plastic one-note bass response or showy, unreal sound. Thanks, Woodeees Blues!
The Woodees 24K Blues offer four sizes [XS/S/M/L] of silicon eartips for the ultimate personalized fit. Remember to try them all for best sound quality performance and isolation / noise-blocking ability. The Woodees fabric bag helps keep the 24K Blues secure during storage or transit. 1-year free manufacturer's 'repair or replace' product warranty remains in effect with your HeadRoom 'authorized Woodees dealer' purchase receipt.
- Headphone Type: In-Ear
- Connector Type: 1/8
- Isolation: -12dB ~ -16dB
- Impedance @ 1kHz: 16 Ohms
- Detachable Cable: No
- Cord Length: 4.5ft
- Cord Type: Straight Y
- Ear Coupler Type: IEM
- Driver Type: Dynamic
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year
- Sensitivity: 106 dB
- Microphone: Yes
Posted by Dave from Paris, France on 2011-07-20
Recommend Product: No
Pros: Everything except...
Cons: sound below 100Hz and cord broke after 3 months
Besides the cord, the one problem here is the bass. Overall the sound is similar to the Denon, I would even say more detailed. However the bass (below 100Hz) is a little too massive and lacks details. The Denon has better bass, clearer and deeper.
I tried using the "reduced bass" equalizer setting on the iphone but then it lacks essential bass...
4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you?
Posted by revchrisesq from Rutherfordton, NC on 2011-03-01
Recommend Product: Yes
Pros: Very warm. Lots of bass. Large dynamic range
Cons: Not the crispness of etymotics
Anyway my opinion: If you like Aerosmith, you're going to love these headphones. If you like orchestral music, you'd probably prefer the crisper detail of the Etymotics. I've listened thus far to classical, Black Gospel, Hard Rock and overall a "very enjoyable" headphone,
The isolation is good but nothing like the -30 db isolation of properly inserted Etymotics.
If you want punch, warmth, rock, then go with these. They really and truly come into their own in listening to male vocals. Chris Rice's Hymns and James Taylor, as examples, are a real joy through these headphones.
If you want extreme detail, go with Etymotics.
PS. I've listened to these ear canal phones for a few days now and just thought I'd add some additional comments:
1. These phones age, warm up, get better faster and more dramatically than other phones I've had, which include Grado's, Sennheiser's, Etymotics', AKG, Koss. The second and third day into these headphones, they kept sounding noticeably better.
2. Imagine if you will a three way speaker system. These midranges are incredible and are the "strength" of the system. John Denver, James Taylor, Chris Rice, Jackson Brown, Carol King sound so golden, so warm and comfortable. Or acoustic guitar. Or chamber music. Any type of music in which the midrange is prominent, these headphones simply excel. I could listen, and have, for hours tirelessly to this type of music.
3. On the other hand if the music was much more dynamic and full spectrum: James Bond theme songs, full orchestral pieces, I'd likely prefer the sound of the Etymotic ER 6i's I had for its detailed top end sound, and crisper detailed low end.
4. If I listened a lot on a subway or plane, I'd much prefer the isolation of Etymotics. If I wanted to hear the a car honk its horn or somebody start to speak to me, I'd much prefer these Woodees.
But these are excellent value phones and I'm not returning them.
26 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you?