The Mobius is unlike any headphone you have experienced before. The Mobius uses Waves Nx technology to enhance the realism of the 3D audio and offers you three key things: Sound localization, integrated head tracking and room emulation. Whether you are listening to them for music, looking to get immersed in a cinematic experience, or lose yourself in a game, the Mobius does it all and it does it best.
The Mobius has the option to swap between three different audio modes (2 channel, 7.1 surround, and high-resolution) along with seven (that's right, SEVEN!) EQ presets. The audio modes will change your listening experience. Here is a quick breakdown:
- Regular stereo sound. This mode is available with all inputs. Use in conjunction with the 3D mode to improve soundstage while jamming out.
- With 7.1 surround, positional cues will be absolutely on point. When used in conjunction with the revolutionary 3D mode, 7.1 Surround offers an experience that you can not get with any other headphones. 7.1 Surround gives a true speaker-like presentation. (Note 7.1 Surround is currently only available for PC and Mac. There is no console support at this time)
- For those that want that true audiophile sound, the high-resolution setting is where you will find yourself the most. Allows the Mobius to process up to 24bit/96kHz. This mode does disable the 3D mode though so that is the only trade-off.
Moving onto the EQ presets available there are seven of them (yes you read that right above):
- This is the Audeze house tuning. Has a neutral presentation with some warmth to it. Excellent bass extension can be found here.
- This mode is perfect for playing survival horror games or competitive FPS games where every sound counts. This mode brings background sounds to the forefront meaning you will never miss an enemies footsteps at a critical moment. It will also keep you glued to your seat as you listen to the environment around you in games like Resident Evil 7.
- The perfect mode for frantic single-player games. This mode gives bullets, bombs and cannons some real, visceral impact.
The music EQ preset is a little warmer than the Default EQ preset. For those who love a bit more bass in their headphones without sacrificing in the quality department, this will be your go to preset!
- Feel like your driving accross the beautiful countryside in the latest Gran Turismo with the racing EQ preset.
- Tunes the Mobius a little brighter for those sweeping, orchestral scores. Play some Final Fantasy XV or Monster Hunter World and get absolutely lost in your game for hours on end.
- The most boring of the bunch. Disables the EQ and kind of defeats the purpose of all the great features in the Mobius. We have a feeling that Audeze threw this one in there for the purists out there.
That's a lot to unpack right there. But not only does the Mobius have all those features, it also has 3 different input listening options:
- USB (Both USB A to USB C and USB C to USB C are available)
- AUX (3.5mm / 1/8" termination)
- Bluetooth(LDAC for Android, AAC for iOS users)
The Mobius is truly a one of a kind headphone and the hype around it is very real. But the hype is entirely justified. The Mobius delivers tremendous value as a feature packed headphone and in our opinion is the best wireless headphone currently available if you are just looking for a wireless headphone. On top of that though, you also have audiophile quality sound for desktop listening and an absolutely stunning gaming headphone. Out of the high-end batch of gaming headphones, the Audeze Mobius outclasses them all. The 7.1 surround is master class and will blow you and your friends away. Give your favorite show or movie a listen or hop into a game of Overwatch and get ready for total immersion.
Audeze has been one of the most innovative headphone manufacturer over the last couple years and they are truly pushing the envelope in the headphone industry. Between their iSine series, the Sine, and now the Mobius, we hope for our sakes and yours that Audeze continues to innovate.
- Custom-Made, Balanced-Armature Drivers
- Acoustic Chamber Sound Bore Design
- Dual Drivers: Full Range (Low+Mid), High
- Freqphase Time / Phase Waveguide
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 17 kHz
- 18-Ohm Impedance
- Noise Isolation: -26 dB
- Includes Detachable Audio Cables
- Includes Three Sets of Silicon Eartips
- Carry Case Included
- Style: Over-ear, Closed-Back
- Transducer type: Planar transducer
- Diaphragm: Ultra-thin Uniforce™
- Phase management: FAZOR
- Magnet type: Neodymium N50
- Diaphragm type: Ultra-thin Uniforce™
- Transducer size: 100 mm
- DSP: Audeze Cipher DSP
- Amplifier: Built-in balanced amplifier (output 1W)
- Maximum SPL: >120dB
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 50kHz
- THD: < 0.1% (1 kHz, 1 mW)
- Earpads: Contoured memory foam: artificial leather
- Microphone: Detachable with separate volume control
- Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Wireless Connection: Bluetooth (SBC, AAC, LDAC)
- Wired Connection: USB-C, USB-A, 3.5mm analog audio
- Weight: 350g (including battery)
What's In The Box:
- Mobius Headphone
- Detachable Microphone
- USB-C to USB-C cable
- USB-A to USB-C cable
- Analog 3.5 mm cable
- Quick Start Guide
- User Guide and Warranty
- Certificate of Authenticity