Is Our Price Too High?
We've found that people really like to buy from HeadRoom and headphone.com, and we'd love to make you a believer, too.
Reputable authorized dealers adhere to MAP policies, which means the advertised price is typically the same price found at any authorized dealer. Sometimes products aren't included in said MAP policies, resulting in fluctuating prices across different websites. We are eager to help and absolutely want your business. If you've seen a better price on this item, let us know!
OPEN BOX: Like New - Full Manufacturer's Warranty
HeadRoom OPEN BOX products have been inspected, cleaned and tested by our staff.
Easily one of the world's best headphones for the money, the Audio Technica ATH-M50x is an improved version of the classic ATH-M50 featuring a detachable cable, and three cables included in the box to boot. Thankfully, Audio Technica didn't ruin a good thing by keeping the overall design and sonic signature the same. AT did however incorporate a detachable cable system that makes the ATH-M50x even more awesome. A detachable cable is the only feature that lacked from the older ATH-M50 so thank you Audio Technica! Included with the ATH-M50x are two straight cables (3 m and 1.2 m), a 3 meter coiled cable, threaded 1/4' adapter and a travel pouch.
- Top choice for studio tracking and mixing, as well as DJ monitoring and personal listening
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Collapsible for space-saving portability
- Detachable cables (includes 1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable)
- Driver Type: Dynamic
- Impedance @ 1kHz: 38 ohms
- Sensitivity: 99 dB SPL/V
- Connector Type: 3.5mm (1/8")
- Cable Length: 3 m and 1.2 m (straight), 3 m (coiled)
- Cable Style: Coiled and Straight Left-Side
- Weight: 285 g (10 oz) w/o cord
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 year
What's In The Box:
- ATH-M50X headphones
- Protective carrying pouch
- 6.3 mm (1/4") screw-on adapter
- 3 meter straight cable w/ 1/8" termination
- 1.2 meter straight cable w/1/8" termination
- 3 meter coiled cable with 1/8" termination
There's but a few bright stars in the sealed headphone universe and fewer yet within reach of budget-conscious headphone lovers seeking a well-priced can that does all things really well. Enter the brazenly competent Audio Technica ATH-M50x, a high-performance sealed [aka closed-back] headphone that studio craftsmen, portable music buffs, pro DJ's and budding audiophiles will all find attractive. The M50x has outstanding clarity and its rich musical detail with cleanly reproduced extension both high & low will surprise many when comparing it to other sealed-back models anywhere near this price. Expect acoustic accuracy fully responsive to the audio signal along with a true presentation of the source quality for precise imaging of your music and recordings. And for those needing listening privacy or thorough noise-blocking on your commutes, the M50 has a solid 'monitoring grade' ambient noise seal when -- combined with top-shelf sound quality performance -- makes these rather unassuming cans amongst the very best 'mid-priced' sealed headphone values in the entire industry in our humble HeadRoom opinion.
The Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphone comes with three detachable cables of various lengths to accommodate different applications and the collapsible headband design makes for easy portability and convenient storage or transit. The M50x's cool black-matte look with stainless steel ring accents is very professional-looking without being overstated. Plush black pleather circumaural earpads go fully around the ear for most wearers and swivel 180 degrees for easy one-ear monitoring during DJ work or live mixing needs. The single-sided headphone cables exit from the left earcup (nicely eliminating pesky 'Y-cord' tangles) and terminate to a 3.5mm [1/8'] 'mini-plug' straight jack. A full-size 1/4' screw-on stereo plug adapter is handily included with the M50x along with a storage pouch. A free 2-year Audio-Technica manufacturer's warranty is standard when proof-purchased at verified authorized AT dealers -- like us here at HeadRoom since 1992!
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Frequency Response
View our full featured 'Build a Graph Tool' for headphone comparisons and in-depth measurements.