AudioQuest DragonFly Black USB DAC Headphone Amp.
The AudioQuest DragonFly Black USB DAC Headphone Amp is a thumb-sized, completely USB-powered headphone amp and Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) that improves the quality of your computer-based music listening. The new DragonFly Black will also accept a digital signal from an Apple or Android device (using the Apple Camera Connection Kit or AudioQuest DragonTail Android Adapter), making it a perfect portable solution for the mobile audiophile. The Dragonfly plays all file types and handles high-resolution up to 24-bit / 96 kHz. Variable output drives powered speakers or powered amps; a fixed output line-level feeds your preamp or receiver. Of course, the Dragon fly works especially well at driving headphones with improved spaciousness and clearer acoustic textures while presenting a deeper, wider soundstage image. Great portable headphone sonics in a very tiny size.
- Medium output (1.2 volts) drives a wide range of headphones
- 32-bit ESS 9010 DAC with minimum-phase filter
- Analog volume control
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and Android devices
(requires Apple Camera Connection Kit or AudioQuest DragonTail for Android/OTG adapter)
- Asynchronous Class 1 USB audio data transfer using Streamlength protocol
- 64-position analog volume control
- Dual 'master clock' topology minimizes jitter in DAC circuitry
- Direct-coupled circuitry from ESS Sabre DAC chip through analog volume control / output analog driver section
- Effortlessly drives headphones from 16 Ohms to 300 Ohms
- Easy 'plug & play' operation with MAC or Windows
- Smallest head-amp and USB DAC in the industry!
- Output Power: 1.2V
- Sample Rate: 24-bit/96kHz
- USB Protocol: Asynchronous USB Streamlength
- DAC: ESS Sabre 9010 32-bit
- Volume Control: Analog (digitally controlled)
- Dimensions: 62mm (L) x 19mm (W) x 12mm (H)