Is Our Price Too High?
We've found that people really like to buy from HeadRoom and headphone.com, and we'd love to make you a believer, too.
Reputable authorized dealers adhere to MAP policies, which means the advertised price is typically the same price found at any authorized dealer. Sometimes products aren't included in said MAP policies, resulting in fluctuating prices across different websites. We are eager to help and absolutely want your business. If you've seen a better price on this item, let us know!
AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC Headphone Amp.
The AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC Headphone Amp is a thumb-sized, completely USB-powered headphone amp and Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) that improves the quality of your computer-based music listening. The new DragonFly Red will also accept a digital signal from an Apple or Android device (using the Apple Camera Connection Kit or AudioQuest DragonTail Android Adapter), making it a perfect portable solution for the mobile audiophile. The Dragonfly plays all file types and handles high-resolution up to 24-bit / 96 kHz. Variable output drives powered speakers or powered amps; a fixed output line-level feeds your preamp or receiver. Of course, the Dragon fly works especially well at driving headphones with improved spaciousness and clearer acoustic textures while presenting a deeper, wider soundstage image. The Red Dragonfly has a high output power of 2.1 Volts to be able to drive some of the most demanding headphones. Great portable headphone sonics in a very tiny size.
- High output (2.1 volts) drives almost all headphones, including power-hungry models
- 32-bit ESS 9016 DAC with minimum-phase filter
- Bit-perfect digital volume control
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and Android devices
(requires Apple Camera Connection Kit or AudioQuest DragonTail for Android/OTG adaptor)
- Asynchronous Class 1 USB audio data transfer using Streamlength protocol
- Digital 64-bit Bit-Perfect volume control
- Dual 'master clock' topology minimizes jitter in DAC circuitry
- Direct-coupled circuitry from ESS Sabre DAC chip through analog volume control / output analog driver section
- Effortlessly drives headphones from 16 Ohms to 300 Ohms
- Easy 'plug & play' operation with MAC or Windows
- Smallest headphone amp and USB DAC in the industry!
- Output Power: 2.1V
- Sample Rate: 24-bit/96kHz
- USB Protocol: Asynchronous USB Streamlength
- DAC: ESS Sabre 9016 32-bit
- Volume Control: Digital 64-bit Bit-Perfect
- Dimensions: 62mm (L) x 19mm (W) x 12mm (H)