Fiio X5 2nd Gen. Player.
The X5 2nd Generation Music Player is Fiio's flagship portable media player, and it is an impressive little audio beast to say the least.
Essentially, it's a new & improved version of the original X5 now made 12% lighter and 15% smaller than the first edition. That's good. Another cool new feature is the ability for 3-button control headphones retaining the functionality to skip tracks/pause/play/fast-forward/rewind your music via the player. Also some good stuff.
The FiiO X5-II utilizes the Ingenics 4760B dual-core 600MHz CPU which delivers formidable processing power, and supports all major lossless music formats. The X5 supports DSD, APE, FLAC, ALAC, WMA, AIFF, HE-AAC, and WAV lossless music formats. This is likely the most complete set of supported hi-res formats to date offered by any affordable Hi-Fi DAP unit.
With the FiiO X5-II, music lovers never have to worry about a lack of format support or format conversion issues. The X5-II even decodes Apple’s proprietary ALAC format seamlessly, and with capability to store up to 256GB spread across two individual external 128GB micro SD cards you'll actually have enough space for all your great uncompressed music files. The X5 II also features a neat graphic 10-band equalizer to allow fine-tuning the audio presentation to your exact tastes
The FiiO X5-II device can serve not just merely as a killer DAP unit, but also as a superb 'stand-alone' USB DAC when connected to any computer. The newest updated version of the X5 now features dual crystal oscillators that improve overall acoustic accuracy by up to 25 times according to FiiO engineers. Other new features include a completely redesigned user interface, a sweet-feeling mechanical scroll wheel, analog line output, coaxial digital output and a variable output gain stage.
As typical from the high-end FiiO player design team, the X5 2nd Gen media player is yet another winner in our headphone.com review opinion, so be sure to try out one of these amazingly affordable and excellent-sounding little units soon.
FiiO X5-II Player and Your iTunes Music Library
The FiiO X5-II Media Player can indeed play all the music files stored on your iTunes library. Here's how to do it - It's super easy!
Once a micro SD card is installed in the player device, connect the FiiO player to your computer via USB. The FiiO player will be recognized as a USB External Hard Drive.
Then all you need to do is find your source folder for all your iTunes music (which is usually found in Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music on a PC) and simply drag or copy the desired folders over to the FiiO X1-II device. All artist and track information will then be recognized and displayed by the FiiO unit as your iTunes music plays perfectly. BAM!
Need more power? Add the Fiio E12 headphone amp and the Fiio HS16 Stacking Kit for the perfect portable package!
For a complete desktop solution, consider adding the Fiio K5 Desktop Headphone Amp!
- Display: 2.4", 400x360 resolution
- Supported Audio: WAV, FLAC, MP3, OGG, AAC, WMA, ALAC, APE, DSD, AIFF, HE-AAC
- Sample Rate: 24/192kHz (WAV, APE, FLAC, ALAC), 24/96kHz (APE, WMA), DSD64, DSD128
- Output Level: 8.2V p-p
- DAC: Texas Instruments PCM1792A
- Charging Interface: Micro USB
- Dimensions: 109mm X 63.5mm X 15.3mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz （+/-0.1)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 114dB
- Crosstalk: 115dB (10kΩ/1kHz)
- THD+N: 0.001%@1kHz
- Output Impedance: 0.2 Ohm
- Built-In Memory: N/A
- External Memory: (x2) microSD (Max 128GB)
- Battery Capacity: 3300 mAH
- Charge time: +/- 240 minutes (4 hours)
- Runtime: approx. 10 hours
- Warranty: 1 year (6 months on battery)
What's In The Box:
- Fiio X5 2nd Gen High Resolution Player
- 1 meter Micro USB charging/data cable
- Clear hard plastic protective case
- Screen protector (1 installed from factory, 2 spares)
- Coaxial mono converter cable adapter
- Fiio Warranty card
- Owner's Manual
- Promotional code for HDTracks