The Fostex HP-A3 has many great features. It's a USB powered unit that can accept high resolution files up to 24/96kHz over USB or Toslink optical connections. Plus the HP-A3 can be used as a stand alone DAC that can send audio through an optical output. Besides a great headphone amp that can power most headphones, it can also function as a pre-amp using the RCA outputs to a set of powered/active speakers. In this price range, it's hard to find a product that has all these features and performs as well as the HP-A3.
- USB Bus power without using unwanted AC adapter
- Works with up to 24bit/96kHz audio source
- Exclusive PLL power supply is built in to reproduce the stable electrical supply
- High quality analog headphone amp to drive any type of headphones
- Equipped with hgih-grade AKM 32bit(*) DAC AK4390
- Condensers and OP amp designed exclusively for audio products
- USB / Digital (Optical) input selector
- Headphones / RCA (Analog) output selector
- Doubles as D/D converter from USB digital audio to Optical
- An USB/AC adapter from the shelf can be used for use as an Optical / Analog converter
- Note: When using the USB input, the sampling frequency is fixed at 96kHz. Audio file with Fs 32k/44.1k/48kHz will be reproduced by upsampling to 96kHz and the S/PDIF Out is also fixed at 96kHz.